I just want to clear up a huge misconception that everyone has about a “90’s Kid”.
A 90’s kid is not someone who was born in the 90’s. It’s someone who grew up as a kid in the 90s.
Essentially, he/she is someone was who was in his/her pre-teens during the 1990-1997 years.
A person born in ’98, ’99 is not a 90’s kid.
He’s a 90’s infant. They’re not the same.
A 90’s kid in India is someone who experienced — and remembers experiencing —
- the classic Cartoon Network, not the Chota Bheem shit of today;
- Sachin’s rise to fame, not his retirement;
- watchin Doordarshan on TV, not the mind numbing mess of 4000 channels;
- fixing audio cassets with a pen, not an iPod shuffle;
- Pepsi you could suck out of a plastic pouch, not a McD Happy meal;
- waiting each week for a new edition of Champak or Twinkle and not the next episode of Big Bang Theory;
- being stingy about the photos becuase you could only take 36 of them in a reel, and not 400 selfies in an hour;
- the thrill of a party that came from drinking Rasna, and now a gazillion choices of cappucino;
- wasting hours on end trying to draw a scenery on MS Paint, and not flicking through psuedo-professional filters on Instagram.
The list goes on, but you get the picture.
Those are the things that make a 90’s kid.
So no matter how old you get, if you were a 90’s kid, you’ll always remain a 90’s kid.
It’s a club you join for life. And you can’t invite others.
Relive the wonderful days of 90’s kid through these wonderful illustrations from ScoopWhoop.